How often do you travel alone? If you’ve traveled overseas, you probably encountered many people traveling solo. It’s pretty common in Europe and public transportation is both affordable and well-populated. Often, you can connect with others in your situation and travel with them.
Traveling alone doesn’t need to be intimidating, but it does mean you’ll need to have a few considerations at the front of your mind. Tenon Tours offers these tips if you’re traveling alone abroad.
- Consider wearing distinctive clothing.
- Travel with a whistle or portable container of mace.
- Keep a paper copy of your passport, ID and insurance card(s) on you at all times.
- Do not go anywhere private with a stranger.
- Choose neutral colored luggage and accessories.
- Ask your manufacturer about GPS chips for valuable items such as a laptop or tablet. Apple offers a “Find My” app to locate Apple devices such as iPhones, Macbooks or iPad.
- Pack small items in larger bags so they are out of sight.
Our 24/7 Traveler Hotline is exclusive to all Tenon Tours travelers. In the event of an emergency or you need assistance, our team will be available and ready to assist.