Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Policy Updates
OPTIONS FOR BOOKED TRAVELERS¹
With all the uncertainty around international travel, we understand that flexibility is important right now. Our standard policies have been relaxed for those travelers departing through October 31 so that you can make the decision best for you.
Option #1: Reschedule For a Future Date
Tenon Tours is waiving all change fees and offering price protection² up to 5 percent of the original trip cost for rescheduled tours that are paid in full to a future date through December 31, 2022. New dates must be selected by October 31, 2020.
Option #2: Receive a Voucher for Future Travel³
Don’t know your future dates yet? Guests who want more time to select their future vacation will be provided with a Travel Voucher³ equal to 100% of the amount paid to date on your current reservation, regardless of whether you have paid in full or not. Travel voucher value can be applied to any of our destinations through December 31, 2022.
Insurance travels with you. If Trip Protection Insurance was purchased through Tenon Tours, the policy will be transferable to the new trip.
Option #3: Cancel with Insurance
- Cancel with Covered Reason due to job loss
- Cancel with Covered Reason due to illness or injury
- Cancel For Any Reason Waiver (CFAR) with purchase of TripMate Travel Protection
If you have purchased our Travel Protection Plan through Tenon Tours (provided by TripMate) within 7 days of your trip deposit, you may be eligible to cancel and receive a partial refund and future travel credit under our “Cancel for Any Reason” benefit.
Option #4: Cancel without Insurance under Modified Terms and Conditions
If you do not have insurance and are not able to travel by December 31, 2022 you may request to cancel for a partial refund according to our modified cancellation terms. Our team will work with you and our suppliers to recover the maximum possible refund and/or credit in an effort to minimize any financial loss.
- This program is valid for all departures for travel through October 31, 2020, until further notice. Offer may be withdrawn at any time and other restrictions may apply. Travelers are responsible for any airline penalties imposed due to trip changes and/or cancellations. If airline tickets were purchased through Tenon Tours, cancellation fees and any changes in airfare are dependent on airline terms and conditions.
- Price protection only applies to the land value of your original vacation package, and can only be used if paid in full and all funds are used towards the rescheduled trip (no refund of monies paid). Tenon Tours will credit all funds to your new trip when rescheduled. Any increase above 5 percent will be added to the cost of the new trip. The new trip will adhere to all cancellation policies from the original trip.
- Compensation is provided in the form of a Tenon Tours Travel Voucher, redeemable for travel departing by December 31, 2022. Tenon Tours Travel Vouchers are not redeemable for cash. Travel Vouchers are transferable, allowing name changes on the land portion of the trip. Travel vouchers issued as the result of an insurance claim and airline tickets cannot be issued in a new name.
The Travel Credit options apply to tours operated by Tenon Tours only. Any tours operated by a third-party operator, such as CIE Tours, will follow the operator’s policies.
With our new Trust in Tenon payment protection, you’ll receive flexible cancellation terms on any new bookings. If a confirmed booking is canceled by the customer, or canceled due to any circumstance which prohibits travel at no fault of Tenon Tours, all remaining payments will be retained by Tenon Tours to be issued as a credit valid towards any future bookings for up to 24 months from the time of issue.
At time of booking: 35% non-refundable deposit
90 days prior to departure: Remaining balance due
61+ days prior to departure: 65% refund, 35% credit*
31-60 days prior to departure: 50% refund, 50% credit*
7-30 days prior to departure: 100% credit*
Within 7 days of departure: no refunds or credit
*Credit will be equal to the full value of all payments received towards the land package, less any refunds or non-refundable items and will be valid for use within 24 months of issue. Credit may not be redeemed for cash but is transferable to another traveler.
Contacting Tenon Tours
Due to the large call and email volume we are experiencing, please be patient as our immediate priority is to assist those customers with bookings set to travel within the next 30 days and so on.
As a reminder, this situation is fluid and changing daily so we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
Notice to clients: Please check your flight status directly with your airline and inform Tenon Tours via email of any changes or updates.
Due to the volume of reservations and ever-changing flight updates, Tenon Tours is not responsible for monitoring or notifying clients of any flight changes, re-routings or cancellations.
All requests for changes or cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com.
Policies are subject to change at any time based on the ongoing changes related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Please note, any requests to change or cancel must be made no later than 7 business days prior to your departure.
If you have any further questions about your upcoming travel plans with Tenon Tours, we are here to help. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to get started?