Last updated on October 14, 2021
NOW OPEN FOR TRAVEL
US travelers can now visit each of our featured European destinations. For your convenience, we have an interactive map and resources below regarding entry requirements. Most countries are requiring proof of vaccination or prior infection. We encourage you to understand the specific country requirements for your destination before you travel.
We will continue to update this page as needed.
IMPORTANT: Many countries are requiring physical cards for proof of vaccination prior to entry. We strongly encourage all travelers to pack all required travel documents – including your physical vaccine card – when traveling.
France: US travelers must be fully vaccinated AND provide a negative PR test within 72 hours prior to departure OR a negative COVID antigen test within 48 hours prior to departure. No quarantine restrictions. Learn more.
Germany: US travelers who are fully vaccinated are permitted to enter Germany without restriction unless traveling from a virus-variant area. Negative COVID-19 test is required to enter Germany (waived for those who are fully vaccinated). Learn more.
Greece: US travelers who are fully vaccinated may enter Greece without a PCR test if they present a vaccination certificate. Otherwise, a negative COVID-19 test is required upon entry. All travelers must complete the online Passenger Locator Form (PLF) at least 48 hours before entering Greece. Learn more.
Iceland: US travelers must be fully vaccinated OR provide documentation of prior infection. No testing or quarantine restrictions. Learn more.
Ireland: US travelers must provide valid proof of vaccination OR recovery from COVID in the past 180 days. If you do not have valid proof of either, you will need to (1) present evidence of a negative result from a RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival in the country, and (2) self-quarantine for 14 days. If you receive a negative test result from a RT-PCR test taken from day 5 onwards after arrival into Ireland, you will be able to leave quarantine. Learn more.
IRELAND TRAVELERS: We advise you to book a COVID-19 test at the airport upon your return home. Below are two options that you can use to book your own appointments at the Dublin or Shannon Airport.
Italy: US travelers can visit Italy if: (1) they have been fully vaccinated and can provide certificate; (2) can provide proof of prior infection OR (3) provide a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours of departure. Learn more.
Portugal: US travelers must provide a negative PR test within 72 hours prior to departure OR a negative COVID antigen test within 24 hours prior to departure. No vaccination, testing or quarantine restrictions. Learn more.
Spain: All US travelers are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arrival as well as complete an online Health Control Form. Learn more.
Switzerland: US travelers can visit Switzerland if they have been fully vaccinated. Learn more.
The United Kingdom: US travelers can visit the United Kingdom if they have been fully vaccinated. Quarantine requirements are still in place for those who have not been vaccinated. Learn more.
What We Know
- About 10 percent of the world works in travel and tourism. Like many other Americans, thousands of those workers have lost their jobs with little to no notice.
- Hotels, airlines, and tour operators have all taken a hit, with many companies offering credits in lieu of full reimbursements in order to keep the industry afloat.
- Airlines are getting bail-out money from the government, while other travel companies are asking for additional COVID-19 relief funds.
What We’re Doing
- We have established a crisis management team and service protocol to process customer inquiries efficiently and effectively.
- We are adjusting terms and policies as needed to both protect the company and benefit our travelers.
- We are waiving change fees and offering future travel credits to encourage travelers to postpone their trips rather than cancel.
- We will continue to directly communicate with our travelers to inform them of the latest travel restrictions and trip cancelations.
- We will continue to assist all of our travelers one-on-one with rerouting and rescheduling their upcoming trips.
- We are highlighting the benefit of our exclusive By-Your-Side Service℠.
How You Can Help Us Help You
- If your situation allows, you can postpone your trip instead of canceling completely. Your paid deposit goes directly toward employee salaries, overhead expenses and more. Read this article by Conde Nast Traveler for more insight on how postponing your vacation helps the travel industry.
- Support the travel industry with one of these suggestions post-virus.
- Understand the benefits of booking with a tour operator such as Tenon Tours.
- Ask us any questions you may have so we can do the research for you.
If you are a Tenon Traveler, please reach out to your personal Travel Specialist or By-Your-Side Service℠ TEAM member for assistance. You may also review our most recent relaxed policies and travel options for affected trips here.