Switzerland Self-Drive Tours
Mountains, mountains, and more mountains. Buckle up; road trips in Switzerland are an adventure in and of themselves.
As expert itinerary planners, we’ll help you craft the perfect tour.
Chalets, boutique hotels, and hotels.
Choose your vehicle type and size, from motorcycle to van.
Design your trip based on the things you want to see and do.
Interests & Themes
Love hiking, Swiss chocolate, or winter sports? Use your interests to personalize your trip.
Book With Confidence
Your Self-Drive vacation comes with our By-Your-Side ServiceSM
What To Expect
- Your choice of overnight stays, in some of our favorite places
- Accommodations for every night of your trip in chalets, boutique hotels, and hotels.
- Rental vehicle, a variety of vehicle types and sizes
- All accommodation taxes/fees
- Breakfast every morning
- 24/7 Traveler Hotline
- By-Your-Side ServiceSM
- Swiss hotels range from modern and luxurious to modest and traditional. Many Swiss hotels also offer spa and wellness services.
- Even the most modest of chalets offer modern amenities such as TVs and Wi-Fi to stay connected and share your adventures with friends and family.
Your self-drive car rental comes with:
- Rental vehicle with available pick-up/drop-off at the airport of your choice and most city centers.
- Choose from different car sizes, transmission (manual or automatic), vans, luxury options, or motorcycle.
- Included extras
- All compulsory insurance: Collision Damage Waiver insurance (CDW with a deductible), theft protection insurance (TP), VAT sales tax, unlimited free mileage, third party liability insurance, airport surcharge, and a free road map. Upgrades to Super CDW available.
A current valid driver’s license is required to rent a car in Switzerland. An international driving permit (IDP) is not required, but recommended for foreign drivers, especially if you plan to drive the car outside of Switzerland.
A few towns, such as Zermatt, Mürren, and Saas-Fee, are car-free (pedestrian only) and accessible by cable car only. This means that the car rental must be left in parking structures outside of the village and daily/nightly parking rates may apply.
Other Ways to Explore
Hit the road on your own or enjoy the luxury of having someone else in the driver’s seat. Embark on a scenic rail journey or mix things up to get you there in whatever mode fits your journey best. Take a private tour custom-made for your group, or the most romantic chapter to add to your story.
No two tours are the same. So how do we get you there? That’s up to you.
Our personal concierge service and mobile app
Custom Europe Experts
Experts in planning truly customized trips
Value without Compromise
High-touch inclusions and customized experiences
Consistency with Individuality
You’ll always be met with the highest standards